CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Weekend Wrapup

My 28th birthday was on Friday. Jason had been bugging me about what I wanted to do for my birthday. Every time he asked I said that I didn't care and could careless about doing anything. I'm just not into my birthday like I use to be. Anyways, I took the day off on Friday and Jason ended up with his 3-day (technically 4-day counting Labor Day) weekend, so we've had a nice long weekend together (the boys went to their mom's). I went and got my hair 'did' on Friday. It is super cute and LOVE it. I cut about 3 1/2 inches off and added some dark color for the fall. I went and did some birthday shopping for some clothes. I found a few things and had planned on going back today, but we somehow ended up at Lowe's and Home Depot instead of the mall! LOL!

My new hairdo!


Saturday evening we went to dinner with a bunch of our friends. We had planned on going bowling after dinner, but we never made it there. I had a great time just hanging out with our friends on the patio at Life's a Beach.

Sunday, we just hung around the house. Made a trip to Lowe's for some solar lights for the flower beds out front. We'll see how well they work tonight. I'm not keeping my hopes up. **If anyone who reads this can reccommend their solar lights or outdoor landscape lighting, please let me know!!!!** Sunday afternoon we went house hunting with my brother and sister-in-law. It was fun looking at houses, but glad we are done with that whole process.

Today, we've made 4 trips to Lowes/Home Depot. Luckily, we are less than a mile from both stores. We first went to go look for a part for part of the sink in the boys' bathroom. We ended up with a part we thought would work and then we bought some curtain rods for the office. I've had these curtains for probably 2 months now, and we are just now getting around to hanging them. They are finally up. I like them, but don't LOVE them. I liked them better before they were hung. I think it is the way they look when they are pulled back. Eh, whatever. They will work until I find something I love.
Office Curtains
Close up

After Jason hung the curtains, he started on the bathroom sink. Yeah, wrong part. Went back to Lowe's and they didn't have the part. Went across the street to Home Depot, and found what we were TOLD would work. Yeah, that didn't work. Went BACK to Home Depot, and just purchased a whole faucet set (an inexpensive one ($29) until we redo the bathroom). WOOHOO...we are home free. WRONG....Jason realized he needed some silicone sealant and some faucet hoses. So, I went BACK to HD. I'm beat by this point. I'm finally back at home and vowed that I am not returning to HD or Lowes for at least a week. I think I just heard him finish up!

Jason....not really thrilled about me taking pictures.

Woohoo! We are back in working order.Bye, bye old faucet.

4 comments:

Kristin (kekis) said...

Happy belated birthday!!!! Your hair looks great! Love the cut and color.

I was cracking up reading about your multiple trips to HD & Lowe's. I seriously think they work in tandem to torture all of us. :) Todd finally found solar lights that he likes at Sam's. There are 8 or so in the set & they work pretty well. GL!

AprilB said...

I love your hair! It looks great!

Marteel said...

I think you would like valances better for those windows,or you could do a valance in the middle window and leave the curtains on the other 2. I think it doesn't look right to you because one is bare. I like the fabric.

Amanda Hopper said...

Ah ha! I've figured out what to do with my curtains that should work. I'll update pics this weekend. The holdbacks are what is screwing it all up!