Well, the past 2 days have been 'Ice Days' for the boys. I've stayed home with them. Yesterday, it just seemed to be cold and sleeting off and on. Last night, was the worst of it. Our power went out for about 3 hours. I was pretty certain when I went to bed that the boys would either have a delayed start or school would be canceled again today. Sure enough, it was. I decided that if it is bad enough for the boys' school district to be closed, it is bad enough for me to not make a 25 mile one-way commute to work. Fortunately, I have the capability of working from home. Although, I only brought home enough work to last me one day. I didn't prepare to be home for 2 days.
WFAA is calling this the worst ice storm since 1980. While I am not a weatherman nor have I actually left the house since Monday at 5pm, I'm not sure that this is the WORST ice storm since 1980. Perhaps it is, but I'm glad I'm fortunate enough to not have experienced it as I did back in 2003. I remember it taking me 4 hours to drive from Northwest Hwy to Lewisville. This is back when I was in hotel management and had no choice but to be at work. I drove home to get clothes for the next day, as I knew my employees weren't going to make it to work. I will remember that ice storm forever! It was pure hell for about 48 hours!
When Jason was going out to the truck this morning he said he slid all the way down the driveway and almost busted his rear. LOL! (Wish I would've seen that!) He did say the roads were pretty bad this morning at 9am when he went to work. He only works 1 mile from the house.
Anyways, here are a few pictures of the 'ice' that has caused 2 ice days for both the boys and myself.

As you can see...the ice is melting! Maybe I can bundle up the boys and send them out to play to burn off some energy!

0 comments:
Post a Comment