Snow started falling early in the morning on Thursday, Feb 11th. I think it began falling around 2am. No, I wasn't actually awake, but that is what the oh so trusty weatherman said. (Actually, I probably was awake either readjusting my pillows to get comfortable or to empty the ole bladder that happens numerous times a night.) Alarm clock goes off at 6:20 for Jason to get up. I usually try to sleep for another 10-15 minutes, but I decided to turn on the news. Within 10 minutes of watching they announce that our school district has closed for the day. Not really sure why they did bc it wasn't that bad out. Jason and I both went on to work. It snowed ALL.DAY.LONG. I swear it was like I was teleported to Colorado or something. The flakes were HUGE.Jason's work closed early...around 315. I could hear my bosses at the end of the hall making calls to our branches advising them of procedures for the morning. The procedures - be at work on time. Sad, but true. I was told that b/c I wasn't 'essential staff' I could come in when I felt it was safe. I took my laptop home so I could do a few things that I needed to get done before 10am. The snow continued to fall and was still falling when I went to bed at 9pm. It was soooo pretty. DFW airport got 12.5" of snow. We don't live far from DFW airport, but my guesstimation is we got right around 9". The boys had an absolute blast playing in all of the snow. I think they changed clothes 3 times yesterday and went through 15 pairs of socks. Guess who is folding the laundry basket today........the boys! HAHA! Their school along with probably EVERY OTHER school in DFW is closed today, so they are enjoying a snow day with Dad. Colby was supposed to have a baseball tournament this week, but it obviously has been cancelled. (I'm secretly excited about this!) Below are a few pics from my phone.
View from my 8th floor window at work at 9am
Colby's snow man - with a mouth made of beer caps and pennies. Really? It isn't like we didn't have oreos or fruit snacks or SOMETHING else in the house besides BEER CAPS?!? LOL!
Backyard - morning of Friday, Feb. 12th
Picture of our neighborhood as I'm leaving for work
View from my parking garage at work on Friday.
-- Post From My iPhone
1 comments:
That is so crazy!!!!
Post a Comment