CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby Updates

Well, since it has been over a month since I've updated this blog with anything, I'll start with some baby updates.

Baby Hopper has been determined to be a BOY! While we were not so secretly hoping for a girl, we've been blessed with another boy. My gut feeling was that it was a boy. I was born to be a BOYMOM. Baby Boy Hopper has been named. His name is Corben Keith Hopper. Corben has been Jason's boy name pick since I was about 8 weeks along. Originally, we were going to spell it with a "K", but Colby and Tristen's names. Keith is after Jason's dad. Both Tristen and Colby have part of Jason's name as their name, so it was only fitting that we carried on the tradition.


My pregnancy thus far has been so smooth. I really can't complain about it. The past 12 weeks have been blissful and I've felt great. More recently, I've had more aches and pains, but nothing to cry about or complain about. Today, I'm 23 weeks along and I can't believe a week from today I'll be 6 months pregnant. People at work are finally starting to feel comfortable asking me - when are you due? I don't see a lot of people at work and it isn't like I've made some big annoucement that I'm pregnant. The people I work directly with (which is only 4 executives) have known since I was 13 weeks. In the last 2 days thought, I've had 4 other people stop my and congratulate me. It is kind of funny to see their face when I tell them I'm almost 6 months pregnant. Here is a snapshot of how my bump has progressed:
 
bump

We have started on the nursery. Well, I say started, we've purchased the furniture and it has been delievered, and I've ordered and shipped the fabric for our bedding to be custom made. I'm pretty sure I searched every baby bedding website out there and nothing really struck my fancy. I didn't want any characters or a specific theme. I'll post pictures of the bedding once we get it back from the lady who is custom making it. I can't wait to get it back so we can start painting the room and putting everything else together. I found the perfect lamp today, but didn't buy it just yet b/c I'm not sure what color we are painting the room. I may just go back and buy it anyways. Here is an idea board of what our plans are:


I guess I've now reached the nesting phase. Although, I don't know that I'd call it nesting b/c I'd still be doing it if I wasn't pregnant. I've cleaned out closets and organized crap that should've been organized a long time ago. I usually clean out the boys' closets every 3-4 months b/c they outgrow things so quickly. Yes, just like a baby, these boys are growing like weeds. Tristen has out grown 2 pairs of jeans since the end of January. What is that...a month and 1/2? Seriously? The kid won't quit growing. He's grown 3 inches since last year and I don't think he's stopped yet.


So, there you have it. A baby update. :)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look fantastic and I love your nursery layout! I'm jealous of the chair...it looks so comfy and your really do need a good chair! Can't wait to see it all put together too!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.