CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tech vs UT Game

As Saturday approaches, the more excited (and actually nervous) I get. Around work, I have quite a few fellow Tech alums and the game is definitely the watercooler talk of the day!

Yes, I'm a woman and LOVE me some football, especially Red Raider football. Growing up not only in Texas, but also in a small west Texas town, Wink, TX, (to be exact) you live and breathe for football. After going to a 1A sized school which at one time was on the brink of being a 6-man football team, I got to experience watching Texas Tech for 4 years. Going from watching football at our itty-bitty stadium in Wink, to Jones Stadium (now Jones AT&T Stadium) was quite exciting back in the Fall of 1998 (sheesh, that was 10 years ago..OMG!). Since I graduated back in 2001, I've been able to attend a few games, but not near as many as I would like. I'm hoping next season to take the boys to a Tech game. Hopefully, one day, they will follow in my footsteps and be a Red Raider!

Regardless of Tech's record, every year our games against A&M and UT are always huge. We've conqured A&M for the past several years. The last time we beat UT was in 2002 and they were ranked #3. I was at that game and we rushed the field after the game.


This year, UT is ranked #1 and we are ranked #6. Tech is undefeated and obviously UT is, as well. This game is HUGE and I only wish I was still in Lubbock to be amongst all of the excitement. ESPN's College GameDay is in Lubbock for the first time ever. Raiderville, the 'town' where students are camped out all along the stadium awaiting the opening of the gates so they can get the best seats. Raiderville's population has now surprassed 1900. The pictures I've seen from all around campus make me envious that I'm not still there.

My brothers are avid *cough* bandwagon (kidding) UT fans. Actually, they've both been UT fans for as long as I can remember. I, in fact, was an avid UT fan until I decided to go to Tech.My brothers are planning on coming over to watch the game at our house and I'm sure it is going to be a rowdy evening. A few other Tech alums are supposed to be coming over too, so hopefully we'll have a balanced crowd. Jason said that he might have to skip out on this watching party b/c he isn't sure if he can handle all of the yelling. He is kidding, of course. He is quite amused with me when a Tech game is on.
Either way, I know it will be a good game and hopefully Tech will come out with the upset of UT. Here is a good article about the game - Same Story, Different Team

Wreck 'Em Tech!
















0 comments: