To assist with defraying the costs for the Spring Season of Colby's Select Baseball Team organization (consists of 3 teams) chose to do a Golf Tournament fundraiser. This was decided about 45 days ago!!! The tournament was this past Saturday, and it surprisingly went off pretty well. Jason, his dad, Allen, and John (2 of his good friends) all played in the tournament. It was a long day for me as I had to be out at the golf course at 9am to assist with setting up, as I was on the volunteer committee for the tournament. I began the morning selling raffle tickets for the raffle we were having during the dinner after the tournament. After all of the golfers were registered, another mom and I were rushed out to hole 14. Had I of known, I was going to be out in the cold wind all day, I would have been a bit more prepared. Amy (the other mom) and I were on hole 14 to entice the golfers to pay $5/person ($20/foursome) to move up 200 yards to the women's tee box. The hole was 543 yards from the white(men's) tee box and was a par 5. We ended up fairing pretty well and making $380 just from that. I'm anxious to hear the report on the profits that we made.
Again, sadly, I did not take any pictures. I had the camera with me, but everything was so chaotic I never got the chance to take any pictures.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Golf Tournament
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment