CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

*Preface: pictures are missing from this post, but will be added soon. I was playing hostess on Saturday, so I will have to wait for my sister-in-law's pictures.

Christmas 2008 has now came and gone. It seems this year that it flew by. Christmas Eve after picking up with boys from their mom, we drove around and looked at Christmas lights in Flower Mound. Our outing was cut short due to Colby being sick. We had to get him home to get him some medicine for his horrible cough. When we got home the boys were uber excited to see all of the gifts under the tree (b/c there were not ANY gifts under the tree when they had left). I had been hording all of the gifts in our room.

The boys finally went to bed and we stayed up for about 30 minutes (even though we knew they weren't asleep). I couldn't stay awake any longer. We got their bikes out of our closet , set them up in front of the tree, and filled stockings. Morning finally came and I heard Tristen wake first. He hadn't been into the front room yet to see the bikes (b/c all of the gifts are usually wrapped). He had tried to wake Colby up, but Colby didn't crawl out of bed until I went and got him. They were SOOOOOOO excited about their new bikes. They boys also got some new clothes, a Tony Hawk hoodie, and a Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were beyond thrilled. One last gift to be opened was a gift from their Uncle Shane who lives in Denver. He is flying each one of the kids (separately) out to Denver for a weekend snowboarding trip. The boys were ecstatic. Neither one of them have ever flown, nor have they ever been snowboarding. Tristen's flight is already booked and he is going January 16th. Colby will be going in late February. They are going to have the time of their lives. I'm pretty jealous that I'm not going!

So, of course, Christmas Day, the Wii was turned on and wasn't turned off until about 11 hours later. The boys had a blast playing Wii Sports. I decided to go rent 2 games (to try them out before we buy them). I rented Mario Super Sluggers (or whatever it is called) and Mario Galaxy. The boys weren't crazy over the baseball game but they've enjoyed Mario Galaxy.

Saturday, we did Christmas with our families and the boys scored Guitar Hero and an additional Guitar from Grandpa & Jeannean (Jason's dad and wife). From my mom and Paul, they got Mario Kart. They got some really cool shirts from Zumiez from their Aunt Marty and Aunt Brandie.

It was a very nice Christmas for us and our families. We are truly a very blessed family.

1 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Glad you had a good Christmas!

Happy New Year!