There has been a lack of posting, obviously. I've been sick with some annoying cold. Nothing extraordinarily exciting has been going on, therefore, there hasn't been anything to write about.
Oh...last weekend, the BFFs along with some other friends of ours decided we would go check out Mardi Gras in downtown Dallas. I was less than impressed. Yes, we do go to Mardi Gras annually in Shreveport, and it is a mid-afternoon and kid-friendly affair. I was expecting a little more out of the Dallas festivities than what we experienced. I think we experienced first hand what the economy is doing as there must have been some budget cuts due to the lack of beads that were thrown. LOL! Speed zone thought it would be genious to staple little coupons to their beads. While this does provide a relatively cheap means of marketing, it also provided their 'parade participants/bead throwers' (for lack of a better term) a pretty harmful weapon. Speed Zone obviously didn't have budget cuts b/c they were chunking handfuls of beads. These beads with the little coupon attached were like bullets, so when handfuls were chunked I was literally ducking and covering my head for fear my head was a target for these things. So after the mediocre parade, we decided along with the 1000's of other people to go try and eat in the West End. FAIL. Back we treked to the route we had taken to get to where we watched the parade. We stopped at Sonny Byrans and had some barbque. After dinner we decided to *try* to attempt to experience these fesitivies again by just going and having some drinks. Yeah, we were all annoyed and realized that we are too old for this. By 9pm we were heading back to the house to play the Wii. Yes, we are officially old.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Lack of Posting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha! I've never been to a madi gras anything, other than a friend's themed bday party.
Sounds painful! Hope you kicked butt on the wii!
yes we are old.
Next year we go to Shreveport and help guard to Private Potty!
Post a Comment