CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 18, 2009

My booboo....

This morning I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed knowing that Friday would be here soon. (We are leaving on vacation on Friday.) All was well as I was heading out the door to take the boys to school, but decided to rush back into the house to make sure I had unplugged my hair straightener. As I'm half way running out the door in my 3 1/2" heels (not an uncommon thing for me to do...I've mastered that skill), I grab the door (that goes into the garage) to shut it and shut my finger in the door. I screamed, and shouted a few choice words. I just thought my fingernail was going to be purple. Nope, I took off about a nickel sized area of skin. So, my finger is now bleeding and has skin hanging. I'm trying not to cry, but still saying a few choice words. I go back inside to get a rag so I can at least get the boys to school. All the while, they are unsure if I'm ok, and unsure what to do. I was in sooo much pain, I couldn't find the tears to cry. I knew I had to drive the boys to school (and find better words to say in front of them) and called Jason on the way. His work is on my way to work and less than a mile from our house so I just told him I'd come by there for him to evaluate it, ya know...since he JUST finished becoming an EMT-B. Finally after what seemed like ETERNITY...I made it to his work. (It was only like 15 minutes after it had happened. He looked at it and so did another guy who works with him who use to be a paramedic. I had 2 options....go get stitches even though it probably isn't necessary or just let it heal. I opted to just let it heal. Jason took me back home to get it cleaned up and I cried and cried. Now....it is all bandaged up and looks like this. Um, yeah, 99.99999999% of my job is on the computer. It has taken me 4 times as long to type this stupid thing. BLAH...this sucks! I'm supposed to be putting an ice pack on my finger, but seriously....I cannot work with one hand! Not possible.




3 comments:

Marteel said...

Aww. Poor baby.:( I always have to run back in to make sure I've unplugged the straightner! lmao

Grand Pooba said...

OUCH! That gives me the shivers just thinking about it! I would have bawled!

K8 said...

That si really awesome looking with the ring next to it. It is the hottest spring accessory!