CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 4, 2010

New Ride....

Jason recently wrecked his truck (hit a guardrail) and the insurance totaled his truck. While we were in the market for a new vehicle, I had planned on waiting a bit longer. I wanted a used mid-sized SUV, preferably red, with leather, captain's chairs in middle w/bench seat in back, and DVD player (wasn't a requirement b/c Jason can install them). Navigation wasn't necessary b/c we use our phones for directions to everything. There were a couple of vehicles out there that fit this description, but the only one I really liked was the GMC Acadia. I've known for pretty much the past 18 months what I wanted my next vehicle to be, even though I had never driven one nor rode in one. We wanted a bigger vehicle that would seat more than 5 people (what my Jetta can seat and the truck *could* seat).


So, fortunately, I was able find EXACTLY what I wanted, that was priced so reasonably well that we did not have to do any haggling over the price. We purchased a 2007 GMC Acadia SLT and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!! It has remote start (I'm sooo loving this right now with the cold weather!), home link (for the garage door opener), heated/leather seats, 2 sunroofs, backup sensors, XM radio, OnStar, etc. The boys are loving the DVD player, although we are rarely in the car long enough for them to watch very much. Colby asked when we could take a vacation so they could actually watch a full movie. I know it will come in handy though. I don't drive it on a daily basis b/c Jason carpools to work every other day. I drive 26 miles one-way to work, so I drive the Jetta on the days he doesn't drive. It is hard not to jump in the Acadia everyday, but it will be worth not driving it every single day.

Here is a stock photo. I'm too lazy to go take pictures of the car, itself.


12/11/09

0 comments: